Cryolipolysis CoolTech – A noninvasive alternative to liposuction
Cryolipolysis is a noninvasive and painless cryogenic technology, which eliminates excess fat.
Cryolipolysis reduces effectively local fat stores, using controlled cooling and a vacuum to slowly remove the body heat from the fat stores underneath the skin. The goal of the procedure is a lasting reduction of the organism’s ability to store fat in different zones. The Spanish machine COOLTECH by the company COCOON Medical is certified by the FDA.
How does it work
A special applicator sucks in the fatty tissue using a vacuum effect, which temporarily limits bloodflow. The zone is cooled painlessly down to -8 degrees Celsius for less than a minute. The procedure itself lasts for 70 minutes. A cooling effect is generated until the tissue reaches the programmed temperature. The goal of the cooling is to eliminate 3 of the 5 main components of the fat cell and therefore crystallize at least 30% of the fat cells in the zone during the first procedure. The vacuum effect decreases the bloodflow to the treated zone and through purposeful control, only the excess fat is treated, without damaging the skin, muscles, and other tissues. The procedure kickstarts a natural process of fat disposal through the lymphatic system.
Crystallization of fat cells
The fat cells are a constant in the human body. They are capable of increasing their size, but they are unable to reproduce. Fat cells are more sensitive to crystallization when they are exposed to low temperatures due to the fatty cells in them. The neighboring cells such as fybrocites, blood vessels and others are more resistant against crystallization through cooling. This characteristic is one of the factors because of which cryogenic technology does not damage the surrounding tissue. After lasting exposure to low temperatures, the fatty tissue starts crystallizing, which causes it to degrade – the nucleus of the fat cell is irreparably damaged. A process of removing the dead cells from the tissue starts, followed by metabolic processes and the fat cells’ elimination through the lymphatic system.
Before the procedure
During the procedure
Frozen fat tissue
After the procedure
Frequently asked questions
The procedure cryolipolysis CoolTech® decreases the fat stored under the skin in the treated zones of the body through a technology of controlled cooling and removal of the fat cells. For this purpose, a handpiece with a specialist regulated vacuum is used. In this way, the apoptosis of fat cells is triggered selectively.
It depends on the patient. In the most frequent way 1-3 sessions on the same zone are done every 6-8 weeks. The same zone is treated again 1 month later. After 3 procedures, up to 70% of fat cells are destroyed.
The procedure lasts for 70 minutes. This is the necessary time to freeze the fat tissue down to -8 degrees. In the first 5 minutes of the procedure, the patient can feel cooling, but afterwards they get used to it.
The results are visible firstly after the initial 15 days. As a whole, the treated zone decreases with 1.3 cm to5.3cm ±.
The procedure allows patients to return to their normal daily routine immediately. As the procedure is noninvasive, there is no need for a recovery period.
- Issues with the liver or kidneys.
- Raynaud’s syndrome
- Urticaria due to intense cold exposure
- Cryoglobulinemia (antibodies with lasting precipitated due to low temperatures)
- Serious exposure to cold
- Heavy diabetes
- Intolerance to cryotherapy
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Dermatitis, eczema, pimples
- Varicose veins, Разширени вени, phlebitis, thrombophlebitis
- Oncological diseases, AIDS or hepatitis
- ZONES WITH SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS SHOULD NOT BE TREATED, as the conditions can worsen. If the stretch marks or scars are not very strong, use the applicator for small zones.
- Scars from C-section should not be treated as IT IS POSSIBLE FOR TRAUMA TO OCCUR.
- To not sunbathe or use UV therapy 5 days before or after the procedure. Do not use procedures with intensive impulse laser or laser hair removal in the zone before the procedure.
Zones of application
Before the procedure
- The procedure requires the use of a special protective membrane.
- The procedure is painless and requires no anaesthetics or painkillers.
The process of the procedure:
- The zone to be treated is cleansed.
- The density of fats stored in the zone is calculate. A special tool is clamped onto the skin in the chosen zone and measures the fat stores.
- The measured individual parameters are entered in the machine.
- The patient must be laying down.
- The membrane is put on top of the chosen zone, and on top of it – the applicator.
- After the procedure is finished, the protective membrane is removed and the zone is massaged and cleansed.
After the procedure
The massage after the procedure is very important – it helps the tissues relax.
- After the procedure, the patient is in condition to immediately return to his or her normal daily routine. There is no recovery period.
- To achieve and maintain a perfect result, it is necessary to:
Eat healthy – more fruits and vegetables, a decrease in sweets or dough-based carbohydrates
Drink 2.5-3l of water per day
Maintain an active lifestyle or sports
A combined approach for perfect results
To achieve an optimal effect, the procedures with Cooltech should be combined with LPG Lipomassage and/or Venus Legacy. This combination of procedures guarantees removal of excess fat, and after that – smoothening and tightening of the skin, as well as reduced cellulite. The combined approach is only done after a consultation with our specialists, who prepare an individual plan of therapies for each patient.