Hair loss

Косопад

Hair loss can be caused by a variety of factors, such as medical conditions, improper care, genes. Your dermatologist will ask you questions about your diet, medications (including vitamins and supplements), family history, hair care habits, recent illnesses. In women, hormonal factors are also important, so you may be asked about pregnancy, menstrual cycle, menopause. When hair grows normally, 90% of it is in a growth phase and the remaining 10% is in a resting phase that lasts 2-3 months. At the end of the rest, the hair falls out, and a new one sprouts from the same follicle to take its place, continuing the cycle. Most hair loss is normal as part of this cycle, and losing 50-100 hairs per day is the norm.

Factors contributing to hair loss are:

  • oral contraceptives – most often due to a hereditary tendency to thin hair, changing the contraceptive usually solves the problem; 2-3 months after the patient stops using oral contraceptives, hair loss similar to that after childbirth may occur;
  • childbirth – more hair follicles are in a growth phase during pregnancy, after childbirth, however are in a resting phase; hair loss may be seen for 2-3 months
    hereditary hair thinning and balding – the most common cause of hair loss, can be inherited from parents and does not usually result in complete hair loss in women;
  • insufficient protein – insufficient amounts of protein in the diet can lead to hair loss, treated with dietary changes
  • inadequate hair care or beauty treatments – chemical hair treatments can lead to hair loss if done incorrectly, or too often; tightening hairstyles can
  • also lead to thinning hair; combing or shampooing too often; drying wet hair with a towel;
  • low iron levels – iron deficiency anaemia can lead to hair loss
  • surgery or chronic disease – after surgery – problem usually resolves within a few months; patients with chronic disease may lose hair for a long time
    medications – can lead to temporary hair loss (usually after medications for arthritis, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure, anticoagulants)
    serious infections, high fever, flu – usually the problem resolves itself
  • cancer treatment – hair grows back after the end of treatment
  • thyroid problems – hair loss can be solved with appropriate treatment.

Appropriate therapies

Book a consultation at Skin Line Plovdiv

Plovdiv, 91 Maritsa Blvd.

Book consultation in:

Book a consultation at Skin Line Sofia Mladost

Sofia, Mladost 4, Blvd. Aleksandar Malinov 91

Book a consultation at Skin Line Sofia Center

Sofia, 12-16 Dragan Tsankov Blvd.

Book a consultation at Skin Line Varna

Varna, 53 Knyaz Boris I Blvd.

Consent Management Platform by Real Cookie Bannerзапиши консултация